What is a holistic facial?
A holistic facial is a skincare treatment using effective, natural organic products tailored to your skin-type and including a relaxing massage to the face, neck, shoulders, décolletage and head. Special strokes are used on the face to aid with lymphatic drainage and increase the micro-circulation to the skin, increasing the flow of nutrients to the skin cells and the removal of toxins. Tension is relieved from around the eyes, forehead and jaw.
What happens in the session?
We start with a consultation to discuss your skin-type, any problem areas and your main concerns. I will then select products appropriate to your skin. You will need to remove your top and lie on the treatment couch covered with a towel.
Pollutants and impurities are removed using a double cleansing technique; a gentle exfoliator is used to remove dead skin cells and leave the skin glowing. The skin is then refreshed with a cooling toner and a rejuvenating oil is massaged into the face, neck, scalp and décolletage. This is followed with a mask formulated with nutrients, minerals and anti-oxidants to nourish your skin and selected according to your skin type. Eyes and lips are soothed with a nourishing treatment and a protective moisturiser is applied, leaving you ready for the day.
In a 60 minute treatment, we go deeper into the massage and a serum selected for your skin type is also applied to the skin.
How many treatments do I need?
A monthly treatment is perfect to keep your skin in tiptop condition as this links with the skin’s natural cell renewal process.
To help with problem skin, a course of six treatments is ideal, with one a week for the first two weeks followed by one a fortnight.
After your treatment
- Avoid any further facial treatments for at least 24 hours
- Avoid applying make-up for 12 -24 hours if possible
- Avoid UV light, heat or swimming for 24 hours
- Increase your intake of water
- Avoid smoking and reduce intake of caffeine and alcohol
- You should not need to cleanse your face again in the evening
- If you wish to purchase skincare products to continue the benefits at home, I will advise you on those which are suitable for your skin and daily routine
Benefits of holistic facial:
- Skin is deeply cleansed and dead skin cells removed
- Moisture levels are restored
- Increases blood circulation and lymphatic drainage to skin
- Increases cellular activity
- Improves texture and appearance of skin
- Stimulates removal of toxins and waste products from tissues
- Relieves tension to the face, head, jaw, eyes, neck and upper shoulders